Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Week 3

Customer #1: I would recommend Tales of Female Nomad by Rita Golden Gelman for it's travel memoir nature and introspective tone.  I would also recommend Wild by Cheryl Strayed.  Strayed experienced similar losses as Gilbert and this travel memoir has a similar tone.

Customer #2: This reader could go either way...it depends whether she was annoyed by the teen-ness of the love story or love stories in general.  If more grown-up love stories don't bother the reader and humor isn't an issue, I would recommend the Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris.  If she would rather have a more serious vampire story, I would probably recommend the more classic Interview with the Vampire series by Anne Rice or The Passage by Justin Cronin

Customer #3: As a read-alike for River of Doubt I would recommend Destiny of the Republic, also by Candace Millard, for it's fast pace and writing style.  I would also recommend Erik Larson's books for their entertaining, but factual nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment