Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Week 5

Assignment 1: I have been following NPR Books and RT Book Reviews.  I've enjoyed reading NPR Books as much as I enjoy listening to their book segments--no big surprise there.  RT Book Reviews has so much info available, not just about romance, but also about any popular titles considered "women's fiction" including young adult.  Who knew?!

Assignment 2:  I already read earlyword everyday before this assignment, so I'll continue that.  I was pretty familiar with this site.  Sometimes I will discover something that I *MUST READ NOW* from the Galley Chats or the ads from publishers, though.

Assignment 3: I took a peek at the Huffington Post's round-up of the top pick of 2013.  The first cover image that pops up is for Z by Therese Fowler.  A fictionalized account of Zelda Fitzgerald's life with her famous husband Scott, Fowler pulls you into the world of flappers and speakeasys, money and excess that was 1920s New York and Paris.  Z is a touching account of a imperfect marriage.  I would (and have) recommended it to customers that liked The Aviator's Wife by Melanie Benjamin.  Benjamin tells the fictional tale of Anne Morrow and Charles Lindbergh from Anne's point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment