Monday, July 1, 2013

Week 7

Assignment 1: Loved this!

Assignment 2: The Next Big Thing--I agree with the author that adults reading YA isn't really a shock to adults who read YA (ahem).  Teen books are fun, emotional, fast-paced and entertaining.  And more and more adults are figuring that out.

As for "New Adult", I can hear teen readers' collective eye-rolling now.  Teen readers have been crossing over into adult for a long time without incident.  I just think that changing some books to "New Adult" will lose the older adults who may be interested in reading a book, but may be turned off by the label. 

I made comments on Jarrett F.'s and Melissa G.'s blogs.

Assignment 3: I've been viewing Stacked.  Thanks for alerting me to this great source of info geared towards librarians!  This past week there was a post about ARCs and the info is pretty interesting.  And there are charts!

I've also been looking at John Green's Tumblr and vlog, but John's on paternity leave, so not much going on there.  What I did see was super funny.  This is geared toward older teens and John Green fans. 

Assignment 4: Little, Brown's teen site is nice to look at, but today they seem to be featuring James Patterson's teen books.  Huh.  I watched some pretty intense trailers, though.  If they were movies, I'd totally see them.  The quality of book trailers has really improved! 

Penguin Young Readers/ Teen site also has some pretty good trailers.  The news feed announced that Fox is picking up the pilot for Delirium which I thought wasn't happening.  I'm pretty excited if that's true.  I'm a sucker for those books.

No comments:

Post a Comment