Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Week 9

Assignment 1: Jay McInerny is really attractive...in a James T. Kirk kind of way. 

Assignment 2: I'm not sure that book trailers make much of a difference in book sales or in readers' advisory.  Like the article says, a lot of them are really bad.  I watched one for Beautiful Creatures that was so awful I can't believe anyone read the book because of it.  Instead I think they read the book in spite of it.

That said, I have watched some pretty awesome book trailers for teen books.  And they definitely made me want to read the book.  Or watch the movie.  Which may take a little longer, but based on the Hunger Games effect, is only a matter of time.

Assignment 3: The Wrap-up

Be More Bookish was the most useful training that I've done in awhile.  Yes, I'm at an advantage working at Pikesville where I use these skills everyday.  But I definitely learned about some resources that I might not otherwise have discovered...Stacked in particular.  I'll continue to check my links everyday to keep on top of our insatiable readers.  Bravo for a training well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment